Friday, March 22, 2013

3/22 Wings at Ducks Game Day Updates

This is going to be a quick and dirty pre-game post today, because I'll be on the road to Grand Rapids to watch the Griffins tonight. Woo!

Red Wings and Ducks tonight, game time is 10:00 PM EST (butt crack of night?)

Darren Helm did not make the trip to the West coast with the Wings and has returned to not being back anytime soon.

Todd Bertuzzi is still a long way from returning to the lineup, but he did make the trip with the team and was able to work out on the exercise bike a little bit and might, maybe, possible be able to try skating by the end of the trip.

“Come out, get my vitamin D, cheer the guys on and hopefully as the week goes on I get better and I can make a move toward the ice (for practice),''
“If anything, it'll probably be toward the end, so I got to make sure my leg gets bigger and stronger so I can afford to go out there and actually stride, Not just go out for a five-minute twirl just for the sake of it.''
“It's not a lot of fun when you're away from the guys for over a month, It'll be better when I'm at that point where I'm ready to come back. I know I can help this team. I'm just hoping I get that chance.

Me too Bert... Me too. Seeing him back in the dressing room, and talking and even smiling makes me feel a little hope again and brought a smile to my face. How could you not smile at this picture of Bertuzzi's footwear that Helene St. James tweeted out?

Then this little nugget game via Ansar Khan, and it pretty much made my day. 

Kyle Quincey is still waiting for the swelling in his face to go down enough to get a complete diagnosis and a decision on whether he'll need surgery for his broken cheek bone or not.

Patrick Eaves did make the trip and will be in the lineup tonight. His jaw is still pretty sore from getting hit with a puck in practice Wednesday and has sprained temporalmandibular joints, so he'll probably be wearing a cage.

There was no hearing or discipline for Kronwall for his hit on Coyle Wednesday night. 

Babcock is anticipating going with the same lineup as Wednesday against Minnesota, but may shuffle a few player between lines.

With Eaves in the lineup, someone will have to come out, but Babcock won't make that decision until after I've already posted this and am on the road and unable to update it.

I'd expect to see Jordin Tootoo or possibly Gustav Nyquist scratched  

Here are the projected lines for tonight's game. 

Forwards
Justin Abdelkader
Pavel Datsyuk
Johan Franzen
Valtteri Filppula
Henrik Zetterberg
Drew Miller
Daniel Cleary
Joakim Andersson
Damien  Brunner
Gustav Nyquist/ JordinTootoo
Cory Emmertom
Patrick Eaves

Defense
Niklas Kronwall
Brian Lashoff
Brendan Smith
Jonathan Ericsson
Jakub Kindl
Ian White

Goalies
Jimmy Howard
Jonas Gustavsson

Healthy Scratch
Kent Huskins
?

Injured
Todd Bertuzzi (back)
Carlo Colaiacovo (shoulder)
Patrick Eaves (Jaw)
Darren Helm (Back)
Mikael Samuelsson (Finger)
Kyle Quincey (Face)

No comments:

Post a Comment